Thursday 29 May 2014

Happiness is Freedom

I earn and live on £9,200 per year, I live in a 300 sq foot house, I "work" (because there is no distinction to my mind between work and the rest of my life, it is just my existence) 70 to 80 hours per week, 7 days a week, I have no holidays, no sickness, no assistance from the government, but I want for nothing.

But my nickname is 'smiler', because I am truly content. I do what I want, when I want and I dare any petty bureaucrat to get in my way. I do what makes me happy, I try to make those around me happy because in doing so I am happy.

I abhor alcohol and drugs because they simply get in the way of me feeling content.

The Enlightened Soul
Gandhi
If I contrast the way I feel with the way I used to feel when I was 'employed' in enforced subservience for both my employer and the government, then I understand why people drink and take drugs and do anything to escape from the harsh reality of their day to day existence.

I also have to thank my ex-wife for revealing the truth  that freedom is happiness to me. It only took thirteen years of subservience to her to learn this. Subservience is the easy option, it requires thought and effort to determine what it is that you want and to demand it from those around you.

I also have to thank my future wife for showing me it takes effort to take responsibility for yourself, too much effort for many people. I am criticised and castigated and hated and feared because I am the change I want to see in the world. I will not comply, I will not conform, I will not stay silent and I will not compromise.

The Enlightened Soul
Ron Paul
Because I take responsibility for myself, I take responsibility for my happiness. Because I am free I can achieve contentment because there is nothing stopping me.

There is nothing new in heaven or earth, but there is a tendency for people to take the easy option, to be taken in by false promises of those who seek to line their own pockets by exploiting the trust that others place in them.

But enlightened souls have lived and fought to protect us from the tyranny of oppression, their words live on and their deeds inspire us to struggle for our fundamental rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment