Saturday 5 October 2013

Politicians, Lawyers, Policemen & Civil Servants. I LOVE YOU!

The 3rd October 2013 was Gandhi's birthday, a day when we celebrate international non-violence day.

I like to take a pause and consider the wisdom of one of my chief inspirations, the enlightened soul that is Gandhi.

It is easy in the modern world to confuse the basis of personal wealth; the love of money is the root of all evil but it is in the love that you are given freely by your fellow human beings that your true worth is correctly estimated.

The most important and most difficult human to love is yourself; and how much more difficult when you place yourself in a position of authority over other humans. When humans places their trust, safety and security in you.

This is an onerous task and one that should not be accepted lightly. Perhaps a task that is accepted without sufficient consideration for the consequences and overbearing weight of such a burden.

I do not expect you to be perfect so:
Every time you make a self-serving decision, every bribe you accept, every skull broken beneath your batons and bullets; I want you to know that I forgive you.
Every time you take pleasure in causing someone else pain, every time you cover up the actions of your fellows, every time you interpret the law to serve the cause of oppression rather than cause of justice; I want you to know that I know you are human and that there is good in you.
Forgive yourself, let go of the pain, but do not forget. In every moment, remember, you are in control of yourself and have a choice; you can change yourself, you can continue to grow and evolve, you can be true to to yourself. I will be persistent in my encouragement for you to do that.

I love myself too much to allow resentment, fear, hatred or anger to interfere with that self-love. I know my true worth and I wish you could know what that feels like.

Who am I to say these things? I am one who is grateful to you for taking on such a burden. I am your equal and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment