Wednesday 11 July 2012

Living in interesting times

So there are a couple of questions which are occupying my mind at this time; When should I start to hoard food? Do I want my bank card to have a tracking device implanted into it?

What is an RFID chip? It is a chip which transmits data in the radio wave frequency, this means that anyone with a reader can pick up your information and use it. There have been other uses for RFID chips suggested, for example on the US/Canadian Border you can simply pass your chip under a reader and be fast tracked through the border. Elderly people are being encouraged to have chip implanted with all their medical details.

Well call me paranoid, but I do not like the idea of having someone be able to access all my personal data using surveillance equipment.

Call me old fashioned but if someone wants to know something they only need ask.

So I decided to render the RFID chip in my bank cards inactive. I even found a great you tube video which demonstrates the procedure.


I chose a slightly more precise method as the chips in UK bank cards and revealed which was to push a blade through the chip at three corners. In order to test the success of the process I then proceeded to the bank where the card was rejected by the ATM as unreadable. The bank staff were somewhat uncertain as to how to assist me with activating my card and looked at me strangely when I explained what I had done and why I had done it.

The card still functions perfectly, but rather than reading the chip the number must be typed in manually by the merchant, use over the internet is not affected at all.

Zero Hedge also raises the point about what to expect in the current hyper-inflationary (price) environment the chart to the left is a logarithmic chart where each point on the y axis is ten times the previous point.

Food prices are rising prices, whether in terms of the actual shelf price or in the various changes to the ingredients and weights of the products themselves.

There was a stage earlier in the year where I thought I was just getting old, remembering what prices used to be, but I now am convinced that prices are not only increasing they are increasing much faster than they used to.

I'm looking at the best before dates on the special offers in the super markets and actively considering stockpiling food with a suitable duration of say three years as I feel certain that within that time period the full force of hyper inflation will hit, as it did in Germany in 1923.

Buying a tin of baked beans now on special offer at 50p (I'm sure it used to be 20p not so long ago) and storing it for a certain amount of time might just be the best investment I can make. If an egg can sell for 4 billion marks, then why can a tin of beans not make me a millionaire?

No comments:

Post a Comment